DEMO BOAT PROGRAM
Packrafting NZ has a limited number of Demo Boats available for trials. These are not available as standard rentals. We have the latest Alpacka Raft toys for you to test. See below ( not limited to )
These boats can be sent out for WEEKENDs only for those considering purchase of one of these boats as a sort of ‘try before you buy’ option. For demo orders boats will arrive on a Friday and need to be back in the post the following Monday. Cost is $50 per boat for the weekend, which just covers shipping our time in getting the boat in the post.
Multiple demo requests to the same person will not be allowed, however, as the program is not designed to take the place of rentals.
We will use your Credit card information as a deposit to ensure the boats are returned promptly and in good condition.
TERMS OF DEMO AGREEMENT
- Our rafts and equipment are very durable, but not indestructible – treat the gear with respect.
- All hire equipment must be returned to Packrafting New Zealand clean and dry.
- Use common sense. Paddle within your abilities and check local weather conditions.
- Wear a correctly fitted PFD when on water at all times. If paddling white-water, we strongly recommend that you also wear a helmet
- Return all gear on time. Give us a call if you think your trips going to run longer than expected and we can discuss extending the rental period, dependant on availability.
- Please don’t wreck our gear. We offer you a packraft rental service out of a desire to share unique experiences. You are solely responsible for our rental gear during the rental period, including any damage, loss or theft by you or any third party. If you break, damage or lose any equipment, beyond normal wear and tear, you agree to reimburse any reasonable repair or replacement costs. We’ll notify and discuss this with you prior to charging any additional amount. We’re here to offer you a service, not break your balls.
- Packrafting NZ offers rafts and equipment to explore the world in a positive way. We are simply providing the equipment. We will ensure that when it leaves our hands, it is up to scratch. But you must double check the gear upon receipt and notify us of any issues/damages/omissions as soon as possible (before your trip!) Ultimately, you are responsible for being familiar with the gear and use of the gear to keep yourself safe.
- Packrafting NZ is thus not responsible for the failure of rental equipment (unlikely though it may be) during the rental period, and You hereby absolve Packrafting NZ from any claim of consequential loss or damages resulting from such failures.
- By renting a packraft through Packrafting NZ, the hirer understands theremay be potentialrisks and hazards associated with packrafting on water, (moving or flat) to themselves and others, which may result in serious injury or even death. Don’t be a fool, know your limits and paddle within your abilities and those of your paddling friends.
- All hired gear remains the sole property of Packrafting NZ.
Life happens sometimes, and we get that. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- One month or earlier before your rental booking start, we’ll refund 90% (the remaining 10% covers our time and a beer or cider, depending on who took your booking)
- Two weeks before your rental booking start, we’ll refund 50% OR allow you to reschedule the rental to any other available dates within one calendar year.
- Less than two weeks before your rental booking start we do not issue refunds. We will happily allow you to reschedule the rental for any other available dates within one calendar year.
- A cleaning fee will be charged, should any equipment be returned excessively dirty and/or wet. Please clean and dry everything before returning it. Maximum cleaning fee will be $45 per raft.
- We will charge $80 per day, per raft kit for any late returns. Please call us and let us know of any known delays. But seriously, just try to get the boats back to us on time. A delay on your end might mean someone else’s packrafting adventure is adversely affected. If it’s unavoidable, we get it, sometimes things don’t go as planned out there in the bush. But if you’re just too lazy to get your boats cleaned up and in the post in a timely manner, well, that’s kind of a dick move. Don’t be a dick.
- Any information we collect about you is for the sole purpose of providing you a quote and/or rental service. We do not gather your information for marketing purposes and we most definitely do not sell your information to third parties, because we believe in privacy.
All rentals made through Packrafting New Zealand constitute acceptance of these Terms of Rental Agreement.
We are one of the very few packrafting guiding companies in the world, offering guided outdoor adventure packrafting trips in the New Zealand since 2012.
We offer highly personal, very unique and exclusive outdoor adventures leaving the crowds behind.
A packraft is a mix between a kayak & a raft, it is stable and behaves a bit like a raft but you paddle it like a kayak and it is so much lighter. Average weight of our boats is only 2.5kg.
Our small team is passionate about what we do, the outdoors & packrafting and we would love to take you out with us on one of our journeys into the wild, discovering new possibilities and corners of New Zealand.
From day trips just around the corner to multi-day trips deep into the wilderness we offer a range of awesome outdoor experiences. We can cater for absolute beginner, who is just getting started to the seasoned packrafter.
RATES & DATES
June 2017: On request
July 2017: 25.7 – 30.7 – On request
August 2017: On request
September 2017: 10.9 – 15.9 – new dates
October 2017: 3.10 – 8.10 – new dates
November 2017: 11.11 – 17.11 – new dates
December 2017: 18.12 – 23.12 – new dates
January 2018: 2.1 – 7.1 – new dates
February 2018: 14.2 – 19.2- new dates
March 2017: 18.3 – 24.3 – Trip is confirmed 3 spots left
April 2017: 16.4 – 21.4 / April 2018 : 23.4 – 28.4
May 2017: On Request
A booking form and a $250 or $500 deposit per person is required to secure your booking.
The balance of payment is to be paid four weeks prior to your departure date.
For cancellations prior to your departure date the following refund applies:
Within 3 weeks = no refund applies
3 – 6 weeks = deposit non-refundable, 80% of balance paid refunded
7 – 12 weeks = deposit non-refundable, 100% of balance paid refunded
More than 12 weeks = full refund including deposit
Once your trip has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstance.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you arrange personal travel/medical insurance at the time of booking to guard against loss of fares paid caused by any eventuality necessitating cancellation of your trip within our cancellation period. Cancellations could be due to reasons beyond your control such as: falling ill prior to your departure / a sprained ankle whilst partaking in another activity / a family bereavement / missing a flight and therefore, missing your departure etc..
Hollyford & Pyke Packrafting
Te Anau Adventure
Lakes Wilmot and Alabaster
New Zealand Outdoor Adventure
Packrafting Day Trips
Packrafting Multi Day Trips